Toxins build up in our bodies from multiple sources including processed foods, pesticides, insecticides, water contaminants, air pollution and using toxic chemicals in our homes and on our bodies.
Many of these toxins are endocrine disruptors which mean they LOOK like a hormone, therefore, they take the place of a hormone in a cellular receptor instead of the bodies own hormones plugging into those sites.
This causes a breakdown in cellular communication as well as potential “hormone imbalance”. The body becomes overburdened with these toxins and is unable to process them through the natural channels like the liver, kidneys and colon.
This leads to toxic lymphatic channels that can express through the skin causing a blemish. Bacteria then feast on this toxic waste and cause pustule or cystic acne at the follicle site.
The gut should be a huge consideration when you are looking at acne:
- How often are you having a bowel movement?
- Do you have other digestive upset such as gas and bloating?
Constipation especially points to a colon that is holding onto toxins in the body due to lack of elimination. These are all of the issues that our Step One Cleanse kit will address.
The following herbs can be used to cleanse and benefit a specific area of the body, and each have their own attributes that make them great for the skin. Instead of having to source them one by one, we have put them ALL together in our Step One Cleanse kit!
Digestive Cleansing Herbs
- Activated by intestinal flora to produce a gentle laxative action
- Good for cleansing the colon and lower digestive tract
- Natural bulk laxative and stool softener that helps to cleanse the colon
- Improves cholesterol and blood sugar
- One tablespoon of psyllium husks contains the amount of fiber in 8 plums
- This soluble fiber is very soothing and cooling
- Beneficial for IBS, diarrhea and constipation
- Has a soothing action on anything it comes in contact with while possessing rich nutrition including carbohydrates, phytosterols and fatty acids
- Works to rebuild the mucus membranes in the intestinal system
- Soothes mucus membrane irritation in the respiratory and urinary tract
- Helpful for inflammatory bowel diseases especially ones that alternate diarrhea and constipation (known as wind disorders in Chinese medicine).
- Moistening, soothing and nutritive to the intestinal system and skin
- Especially beneficial for a spastic and inflamed colon and inflammatory bowel disorders
- Benefits on the upper respiratory tract
- A soluble fiber with several potential health benefits.
- May improve cholesterol, blood pressure, gut health and bowel stability
- Stimulates digestive secretions
- Enhances immune function
- Increases blood circulation
- A potent anti-inflammatory, antiviral and antibacterial
- Helps remove the build up of metabolic waste and is a natural antibiotic
- Often used as an alternative to Goldenseal
- Has antimicrobial properties
- Cleanses the lymphatics
- Stimulates bile flow to aid the liver
- Can be used both internally and externally to relieve skin conditions like acne, boils, eczema and may reduce itching
Bentonite Clay & Activated Charcoal
- Absorbs toxins in the digestive tract so that they can be eliminated
Body Cleansing Herbs
- A diuretic that both detoxes and supports the liver
- Aids in clearing rashes, hives and eczema
Milk Thistle Seed Extract
- Protects liver against damage from chemicals including alcohol and drugs
- Promotes liver cell regeneration
- Contains cynarin which is a proven liver protectant
- A digestive, bitter herb for sluggish liver and poor digestion
- Blood purifier
- Digestive tonic
- One of the best known liver tonics
- Contains Berberine, a natural antimicrobial and antifungal compound
- Increases bile production and contains 5-MHC which helps keep bacteria from developing resistance to antibiotics making it useful for infections
- A blood purifier
- Beneficial for skin eruptions and impaired nutrition
- Antiseptic and diuretic benefiting the urinary system including the kidneys
- Anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and antiviral effect on the kidneys, urinary system and skin
- Best known for cleansing the kidneys
- Rich in sodium and potassium which are necessary to regulate fluids in the body
- Helps stimulate kidney function
- Natural diuretic
- Binds to heavy metals and helps to remove them from the body
Blood Cleansing / Alterative Herbs
- Blood cleansing
- Especially beneficial for acne and eczema
- Combined with red clover is especially healing if the acne is coming from toxic build up in the kidneys.
- Blood purifier
- Hormone balancer
- Very beneficial for skin problems like acne, cysts, eczema, psoriasis and boils
- Soaks up and detoxes heavy metals helping to draw them out of the body
- A rich source of natural iodine
- Contains 30 minerals including zinc, copper, chromium, sodium, solfer, silicon, phosphorus, iron, calcium, potassium, and magnesium; vitamins A, B1, B2, C, D, E & K as well as amino acids
- Kelp is beneficial to clean out the lymph nodes and lymphatic system as well as aiding the intestines, nails, pineal and pituitary glands and the skin
- Has been historically used in the treatment of acne, anxiety, cancer, cardiovascular disease, cholesterol, cysts, dandruff, eczema, fatigue, hair loss, hypothyroid, lead poisoning, radiation poisoning and dry and irritated skin
- Broad spectrum draining detoxifier
- Anti-Inflammatory with restorative actions
- A moistening and cooling herb that helps loosen mucus
- Also beneficial for the upper respiratory tract
- Used to promote urination and stimulate the lymphatic system
- Good for skin inflammation and swollen lymph nodes
- Helps clear lymphatic congestion
FDA DISCLAIMER – These statements and any information contained on this website have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is intended for educational purposes only and is not meant to substitute for medical care or to prescribe treatment for any specific health condition. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Consult individual products labels for safety information.
THIS WEBSITE DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL ADVICE – The information, including but not limited to, text, graphics, images and other material contained on this website are for informational purposes only. The purpose of this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition or treatment and before undertaking a new health care regimen, and never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.